In the first two videos, I shared how to bring your strengths into your marketing and how that makes you more magnetically attractive to your Ideal Client/Team Member. You can see more about this in videos 1 and 2 of this series. Watch them here now.
Today, let’s go deeper into the selling process. How do you bring your strengths into the selling conversation?
IMPORTANT: This only applies when you’re deep in conversation with a prospect. This is not for someone you just met at a networking group or when you’re feeling someone out to see if you two are a match.
This only applies when you’re deep in the conversation with a prospect that you really want to work with and you feel good about the two of you being a match. At that point, sharing your strengths can really seal the deal for someone who is your Ideal Client/Team Member.
How do you bring your strengths into that part of the conversation?
One way is to use this simple formula. I’m giving this to you as a formula to make it easy to understand; please customize this so it’s right for you.
When you’re deep in the selling conversation with your Ideal Client/Team Member; and you see where one of your abilities can help them, you can say:
1. One of my strengths is helping people do ______ whatever you’re really good at __________ (e.g., One of my strengths is helping people increase their marketing and client attraction; or One of my strengths is helping people find amazing jewelry that’s perfect for them that totally changes their wardrobe.)
2. Here’s how that has helped previous clients solve this problem with these results. Then give an example of how this worked for someone in the past. E.g., My ability to help people with their marketing has helped other past clients go from hardly any clients to filling their practice.
This should be based on your own previous true experience, to show how this has worked for a client/team member in the past.
3. How do you see that strength supporting you to get your big goal? (customized to their big goal)
PAUSE. Do not give them the answer.
They’ll be speaking from their heart, so pay attention to their answer!
Let’s put this all together in one example. When you’re deep in the selling conversation with an Ideal Client/Team Member, and you see where one of your strengths can support them, then you bring that up!
This can sound like:
One of my strengths is helping people amp up their marketing and increase their client attraction. The way this has worked for my past clients is they’ve gone from a few clients to filling their practice. I know you’ve got a big goal this year of doubling your number of clients. How do you see my strength of helping you increase your marketing, supporting you to achieve your goal? PAUSE.
You won’t use this formulation with every single strength you have; you’ll pick and choose the strength that seems relevant with this particular prospect.
Sharing your strengths in your selling conversations is a quick and easy way to amp up your selling conversation and immediately increase the possibility that this perfect prospect will work with you!
CALL TO ACTION
1. Script this out! Before you try this in a conversation with a prospect, take a few minutes to identify your top strengths and then write out a couple examples of client results that your strengths have helped your clients obtain.
2. Next, put them into the formula I outline above.
3. Read these out loud. Do you feel 100% authentic while saying this out loud? If not, tweak the language until it’s perfect for you. Just make sure your client results are still sounding strong in here – this is not the time or place to minimize your impact!
4. Have this script with you during your next conversation with a prospect. You’ll probably need a little help remembering this. You don’t need to read it word for word, just having it with you or glancing at it will help you.
If your selling conversations with your Ideal Client/Team Members feel daunting, or if your conversion of prospects to clients/team member is under 50%, then I invite you to schedule a complimentary Success Strategy Session with me. In this private one-on-one call, we’ll go deeper into what’s not working, what your goals are, and how coaching might support you in achieving bigger success sooner. Simply email me at email@example.com and we’ll easily schedule your call.